Saturday 7 February 2009

A New Blogger, an old friend

So what ever happened to my friend Mike from the elevator?

He has recently been elected as President of ODTUG and we met up a few weeks ago at the IOUC Summit.

Since then Mike has set up his own blog and one of his first posts is about volunteering. Read it, he talks about why we volunteer and how it makes us feel. It makes me feel wonderful and that is not just in the User Group. I teach retired people computers and get so much back from them, I look after the AV in my local church and in my time lots of other things and the common denominator I feel great, make great friends and hopefully do just my little bit in return.

I told Mike my favourite quotation is "Commitment is doing the thing you said you'd do, long after the mood you said it in has left you" - (Facing Up by Bear Grylls), and my daughter thinks that is going on my headstone I am so passionate about commitment.



In UKOUG we have over 200 volunteers and without them we would not be the best user group in the world.

But what do I like most about Mike's blog? I originally came above Tom Kyte in the blog roll, Mike has changed it now but I still rank above Duncan Mills!

No comments: