Friday 1 September 2017

Blockchain - this year's big thing in Apps?


My last post 'Mind the Gap' talked about that marketing to adoption process. And this year I think for me it will be Blockchain.


Remember when every presentation on Cloud, or Big Data or Digital started with a definition? Well expect that, and in the run up to OOW I have been reading lots of articles so I at least arrive semi educated.

Wikipedia says 'A blockchain facilitates secure online transactions.A blockchain is a decentralized and distributed digital ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers so that the record cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the collusion of the network'

It is all conjecture at the moment what oracle are going to do, but the signs are there and I know people in development who have been 'busy on new initiatives' and now the schedule is published it is pretty clear something is coming. TechTarget commented on this last week.

In fact there are 20 sessions in the season catalogue if you search for Blockchain, so it is obviously important and the launch of Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service, OBCS will be an important new innovation for enterprise.




1 comment:

Debra Lilley said...


And just as I post I spot this from David Haimes

https://t.co/M7SeHLZtBr